Sunday, July 5, 2009

Long Time NO see! Christmas in July sale

I'd like to try and keep better track and update my blog more. I also would like to make it a little more user-friendly and more interesting to read. If you have a comment or suggestion, I am all ears!

I am thinking of moving my focus of just Etsy and scrapping to possibly that and everyday life. The last few months have been pretty crazy. I have spent most days creating and making more stuff for my shop and thinking of new ideas to WOW! my customers. I've also spent some time trying to figure out how to better promote my shop to people.

My sister has generously decided to let me use her home to have my very own craft show, coming up this week. My brother-in-law came up with the idea to help expand my business, so I am going to go for it! I am nervous a little; not because of not having enough material but to speak a few words to her friends, some of who I don't know or haven't met yet. I have to bite the bullet and just go for it. I have confidence that my work will sell itself, but I need to work on feeling confident to talk in front of people I don't know, and not show how painfully shy in real life I am.

If anyone reads this, please wish me luck this week! :)

My Etsy shop has been open for a year and a half now. In that year and a half I have learned a great deal about running a business. I've learned what works, and what doesn't. I've made many improvements and changed many a things since being owner of Paperika. (see my shop at: paperika.etsy.com I've studied for months how to take better pictures.

I have some news to share about Etsy. Every year, the sellers participate in a seller wide sale, called Christmas in July. We can have a sale however we want.Some sellers have sales on just Christmas stuff, some have sales in their whole shop, some offer free shipping. Last year, I made a special price on some Christmas items.

Etsy's seller-wide sale is going to be later in July, but I am beginning my Christmas in July sale on July 8, which is the date of my home party. I will be offering some special discounts on Christmas items, anything having to do with the cold, and some older inventory I'd like to give a new home too a little quicker! So watch my shop. Each week (and perhaps some surprises within the week) I will feature a special sale. I won't spoil my plans here. You'll have to come and check out my shop to see what's in store! :)

No comments: