Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowman wreath With Slice Design Cards!









Some of you who might read my blog and scrapbook may know that I am a HUGE fan of Making Memories' Slice, which is a digital die cut machine. It was released last year and it was the first digital die cut machine I ever wanted. My hubby got it for me for Christmas last year and I've thoroughly enjoyed using it. Why? Because the graphics are adorable and classic. There is GREAT value for what you pay for, and the possibilities are endless.

A week or so ago, Making Memories sent me an email and an idea for using some of the Design cards. They showed a picture of the most beautiful wreath of flowers and I was smitten to say the least. I told my hubby that I wanted to make it, and I had all the materials on hand. All I needed was the wreath forms, which I purchased at Michaels.

I used the Wedding Design Card, Mistletoe, and the FaLaLa Cards.Instead of full flowers, I decided to try it with snowflakes and the snowmen. It came out beautiful! I wanted to share it with you. I loved it so much that I am making a few more with Christmas paper!
Materials used:
Paper-light blue, navy blue, white, and precious metal white paper (Recollections, Hobby Lobby)
Glue Gun
Glue Stick (about 1 1/2 was enough)
Slice Die Cut Machine
Wedding, Mistletoe, and FaLaLa Design Cards. Noteworthy and Basics 2 also have a lot of flowers; my preference was for the Wedding Design Cards flowers, but I am trying out the other ones too!)
Obviously, the glass mat and adhesive.
Gemstones (rhinestones in clear and blue)
brads in blue and clear rhinestones, and blue brads
flower gemstone for snowgirl's hat
White Acrylic paint, optional--to paint the wreath form

I cut several 2, 2 1/2, and a few 3 inch flowers and snowflakes from each of the cards. I layered some of the snowflakes and many of the flowers. I used glue to adhere the layers and then used a glue gun, as recommended in the email, to adhere the flowers, snowflakes to the wreath form. Before I glued everything together, I painted the wreath form with white acrylic paint.

At the bottom of the wreath, I added 2 snowmen that I cut from the Mistletoe card. I added a hat for the boy, and the girl has a hat too. I also cut out a scarf for each snowman. I used an archival black marker to draw the faces on the snowmen.
Altogether, it took me probably 6 hours to cut and layer all the flowers and probably about an hour to adhere them. It sounds like a lot of time, but I also was multi-tasking--updating my Etsy shop and chatting with friends! :)

Here is a few pictures to show you!

No comments: